Seth Ball is the 2013 Ultimate Mountaineer Fan.

Ball received 41 percent of the votes cast from West Virginia University fans from across the country on Facebook over the last two weeks. The honor is given each year as part of Mountaineer Nation Day, which is Saturday (Sept. 7).

Ball is from Jeffrey, W.Va. and is a sophomore at John Tyler Community College in Virginia with the hopes to transfer to WVU at some point. He’d like to have a career in journalism.

“WVU has many diehard fans, and to be named the Ultimate fan is very, very special,” he said. “It would mean more than I can really put into words. I love this state, its people and school … I’ll treasure it for the rest of my life.”

Ball grew up watching the Mountaineers. Being from Boone County, he was always amazed by the stadium and the 60,000 fans that packed it for each home game.

“I’m a WVU fan, because I have never lived my life any other way. It has always been about WVU to me, and I love representing the state and WVU,” he said.

His favorite memory as a Mountaineer fan is the Orange Bowl, which he went to with his family.

Other Ultimate Mountaineer Fan finalists included: Niraj Amin, Angelia Barnett, Jeremy Hatcher, Steven Hayes, Robin Himmelrick, Michele Hoffman Samuels and Michael Wilson.

Remember to follow us on Twitter (@WestVirginiaU) on Saturday to win officially licensed prizes for Mountaineer Nation Day.

td/09/06/13