The Country Nation College Tour presented by Frontier Communications featuring Brad Paisley comes to the West Virginia University campus on Friday, Sept. 9, 2016. The free concert will be held on the College of Law Hill, necessitating several logistical and transportation changes.
Here is all the information you need about the concert, entry, parking, etc.
5:30 p.m. – WVU Students with valid ID allowed entry
6:30 p.m. – All fans allowed entry
7:30 p.m. – Opening act takes stage
8:45 p.m. – Brad Paisley takes stage
10:30 p.m. – Anticipated end time of show
Fans may enter the concert from the WVU College of Law University Avenue entrance or by accessing the area via the “Law School” steps on the west side of Milan Puskar Stadium. These entrances are pedestrian entrances only and are are not accessible by vehicle. Vehicles, other than those with appropriate ADA parking credentials, will not be allowed to enter the University Avenue entrance.
No alcohol will be allowed on WVU College of Law grounds for the concert.
• The PRT will be open and operational Friday evening. The PRT is scheduled to run until midnight to accommodate concert goers.
• Shuttle service will be available from the Mountainlair to the University Avenue bus stop near the entrance to the WVU College of Law from 5 p.m. to midnight.
All parking permit holders in areas 200 and 201 (Brown Lot) must remove their vehicles from the College of Law by 10 p.m., Friday, Sept. 2. Parking and Transportation has sent information to affected parking permit holders about alternative parking options.
Free parking will be available beginning at 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 9 in the following lots around Ruby Memorial Hospital and Milan Puskar Stadium:
• Blue Lot (lots A1- A3, C1-10 and Lot D)
• Light Blue Lot ( F1 and F2)
• Green Lot (Area 81/Mountaineer Station) – tentative
Parking is not available at the College of Law with the exception of a limited amount of ADA parking which will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
WVU football season parking passes will not be honored for the show. Gameday lots not listed will not be available for concert parking.
WVU parking attendants will direct fans parking in these lots to the best available parking spot as they enter. Fans will not be able to pick their own parking spots and/or save spots for others coming at a later time.
Following the concert, all cars must exit the lots immediately following the show. Cars not vacating in a timely manner will be towed at the owner’s expense.
A very limited number of ADA accessible parking spots will be available on a first-come, first-served basis at the WVU College of Law. The lot will open at 5 p.m. with the following items required for entry to the lot:
• Valid state-issued ADA parking placard or license plate.
• Valid state-issued ADA parking registration card.
• Photo ID of the ADA permit holder who must be present in the automobile. The photo ID must match the ADA parking registration card.
• Additional parking for fans with appropriate ADA credentials will be available at the WVU Coliseum. A free shuttle will run from the Coliseum to the College of Law beginning at 6:15 p.m. and for one-hour after the concert
Heavy traffic is expected in and around the Morgantown area. Fans should expect traffic delays before and after the concert. Fans will not be permitted to queue in the entrances to available parking lots prior to the 5 p.m. opening of the lots.
To ensure the safety, comfort and convenience of our guests, the following items will not be allowed on WVU College of Law grounds:
• Alcoholic beverages.
• Chairs of any type.
• Any bag exceeding 12”x12”x12”.
• All backpacks/schoolbags, gym bags, laser pointers, artificial noisemakers, weapons, aerosol and spray cans, mace and pepper sprays, selfie sticks, umbrellas, and other items determined to be harmful or disruptive.
Portable restroom facilities, including ADA accessible facilities, will be available at the concert.
Concessions will be available with offerings from Sodexo and local food trucks.
Monongalia County EMS will have a first-aid station on-site.
Inclement Weather Plan
The concert will take place rain or shine. In the event of a needed evacuation fans will be directed to appropriate shelter by WVU and concert officials.
CONTACT: Matt Wells, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.