Jacky Prucz, professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering at West Virginia University, has been reappointed to his administrative post as chair of the department for a five-year period, effective July 1, 2016.

“Dr. Prucz is recognized by students, faculty, alumni and staff in MAE as an effective leader who has engaged them in Departmental activities and planning,” said Gene Cilento, Glen H. Hiner Dean of the Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources. “As MAE continues to grow in national reputation, I look for Dr. Prucz to build and implement a plan that takes MAE from good to great. This plan is especially important as it pertains to research activities in the College and graduate student recruitment.”

“I feel gratified and energized by the clear expression of support and confidence in me, as reflected in both the positive results of my five-year review and in the Dean Cilento’s decision to reappoint me as Department chair for five more years,” Prucz said. “I remain fully committed to work closely with all the constituencies of the MAE department and with all levels of the WVU administration to achieve and sustain greatness in our mission areas of education, research and service.”

mcd/03/3/16

CONTACT: Mary C. Dillon, Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
304.293.4086, Mary.Dillon@mail.wvu.edu