This exhibition features student work in a variety of mediums. These include ceramics, photography, sculpture, printmaking, graphic design, painting, drawing, video and animation.
The juror selected for this year’s exhibition is John Pe�a, a Pittsburgh-based multidisciplinary artist. Pe�a’s most recent work, titled “Daily Geology: 2015,” will opened in the Laura Mesaros Gallery at the Creative Arts Center on Oct. 15.
“Pe�a makes art as a way to explore the natural world through his daily interactions,” said Jason Lee, associate professor of sculpture.
Awards for the Juried Student Exhibition will be presented at the opening reception on Thursday Nov. 5 at 5 p.m. This reception is free and open to the public, and refreshments will be served.
The students selected for this year’s exhibition are:
• Alexis Ashbrook, – Painting major from Wheeling, W.Va.
• Anna Beckett – Graphic Design major from Shepherdstown, W.Va.
• Allison Blair – Printmaking major from Columbus, Ohio
• Samantha Brinley – Graphic Design major from Etters, Pa.
• Lindsay Cook – Intermedia/Photography major from Morgantown, W.Va.
• Nathan Ditzler – Ceramics major from Kailua, Hawaii
• Abbey Estep – Graphic Design major from Ronceverte, W.Va.
• Tiera Floyd – Painting major from Sutton, W.Va.
• Megan Gainer – Sculpture major from Spencer, W.Va.
• Kayla Garpstas – Graphic Design major from Lancaster, Pa.
• Matt Gillette – Sculpture major from Glenwood, Md.
• Rebecca Graham – Sculpture major from Cool Ridge, W.Va.
• Jacob Guzan – Printmaking major from Spring Grove, Ill.
• Emily Harmon – Art Education major from Independence, W.Va.
• Brett Herron – Printmaking major from Pittsburgh, Pa.
• Kaitlyn Hunter – Sculpture major from Lisbon Falls, Maine
• Emma Hurley – Graphic Design major from Hurricane, W.Va.
• Kyleen Kelly – Art Education major from Berkeley Springs, W.Va.
• Kari Kindelberger – Sculpture major from Triadelphia, W.Va.
• Emily Londregan – Printmaking major from South Riding, Va.
• Amelia Long – Painting major from Rachel, W.Va.
• Ken Lu – Ceramics major from Singapore
• Cory Mayhew – Graphic Design major from Morgantown, W.Va.
• William McKinney – Ceramics major from Morgantown, W.Va.
• Monica Morrison – Sculpture minor from West Chester, Pa.
• Leslie Norris – Printmaking major from Newell, W.Va.
• Michael Oliver – Printmaking major from Frederick, Md.
• Jessica Poole – Printmaking major from Lewisburg, W.Va.
• Floyd Robinson – Ceramics major from Sicklerville, N.J.
• Amber Ross – Sculpture major from Thornton, W.Va.
• Brittany Schmidt – Intermedia/Photography major – Morgantown, W.Va.
• Max Smith – Graphic Design major – Cold Spring, N.Y.
• Rachael Suray – Graphic Design major – Frederick, Md.
• Lydia Taylor – Painting major from Weirton, W.Va.
For more information about the exhibition and the School of Art & Design, contact Lee at 304-293-2596 or Jason.Lee@mail.wvu.edu.
CONTACT: David Welsh, WVU College of Creative Arts
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.