West Virginia University will celebrate a Week of Engagement April 6-12 with a variety of activities designed to showcase service and engagement around campus.
Hosted by the Center for Service and Learning, this year’s theme is Community Engagement and Exploration. Large-scale service projects will take place throughout the community, highlighting different activities and resources available.
The following is a schedule of events:
• 3-6 p.m. – Rail Trail Clean Up with Friends of Decker’s Creek; For more information, visit here.
• 7 p.m. – WV Community Choir “Come Sing With Us!” (WVU Creative Arts Center)
• Noon – Book Sale (Morgantown Public Library)
• 2:30-4 p.m. – Center for Service and Learning Partner Networking Event (Mylan Room, Mon General Conference Center)
• All Day – Blood Drive (College of Law)
• All Day – Women and Gender Studies Fair (Mountainlair commons Area)
• 9 a.m.-Noon – PVSA Award Pick Up and Reception (Mountainlair, Greenbrier Room)
• 12:30-2 p.m. – Center for Service and Learning Service Learning Luncheon (Mountainlair, Mountain Room)
• 7 p.m. – Center for Service and Learning Excellence in Engagement Awards Banquet (Lakeview Resort)
• 8 p.m. WECAN One Shirt Challenge/Night Serve (Mountainlair)
• 10 a.m.-1 p.m. – Mon County Child Advocacy Center Spring Clean Up (MCCAC, Greenbag Road); For more information, visit here.
For additional information on all Week of Engagement activities, visit http://cce.wvu.edu/woe.
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.
Contact: Andrew Carter, Center for Service and Learning