All classes at West Virginia University’s main campus are cancelled for Monday, Feb. 3, due to a heavy snowfall overnight, and winter storm warning for the area through mid-day.
The University will remain open; however, employees are reminded to use caution and good judgment in deciding whether to come to work, said Narvel Weese, vice president for administration and finance. If they are unable to report for work, they should notify their supervisor as soon as possible and prior to the start of the shift.
Supervisors are asked to work with employees who are unable to report due to the weather conditions. Employees who do not work their full scheduled shift may take annual leave, compensatory time off or, at the supervisor’s discretion, may be permitted to make up those hours. Any questions about scheduling issues should be addressed to an employee’s supervisor. Employees with further questions should call their supervisors.
Some specific schedule changes:
- Student Government Association’s “Ask WVU Anything” event has been postponed.
- Arnold’s Diner, food service in Arnold Hall, will close at 6 p.m., two hours early.
- WVU’s Center for Black Culture and Research’s “Heartbeat Afrika” event has been postponed until later this month.
- The Mountaineer Leadership Academy ESI Performance Management class that scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday in the Mountainlair has been cancelled. The makeup class is scheduled for Feb. 11 at 1 p.m. at the Mountainlair.
- WVU Parking office will close at 3 p.m.
- The Mountainlair will close at 10 p.m., two hours earlier.
- WVU Early Learning Center will be closed.
- Campus visitor tours are cancelled.
- WVU Foundation offices in Waterfront are closed.
- WVU Dental offices are open for patients today at the Health Sciences Center and Suncrest locations except for Student Dental Clinic, which is closed.
- The WVU Human Performance Lab will close at 1 p.m.
- Top Ten Things I Wish I Knew about Aid When I Was in College financial aid seminar cancelled.
- Potomac State College classes are canceled.
The University’s main campus is expected to return to normal operations on Tuesday, however students and employees should monitor WVU’s several information channels – WVUToday, MIX, social media outlets such as Twitter (@WVUToday, @WestVirginiaU) and facebook (http://www.facebook.com/wvumountaineers) and broadcast news outlets – for further information.
CONTACT: University Relations/News
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.