The College’s online executive MBA program received the ranking from AffordableCollegesOnline this week for offering a program that stands out in the areas of academic excellence, student engagement and selectivity. AffordableCollegesOnline identified the top 30 online MBA programs across the nation, and WVU came in at No. 15.
“This ranking recognizes B&E for its ongoing efforts to raise the standards and quality of our online executive MBA program,” said “Dr. Jose “Zito Sartarelli, Milan Puskar dean, WVU College of Business and Economics. “The criteria and methodology for this ranking are things we would want to be recognized for, so to say we are extremely happy is an understatement.”
AffordableCollegesOnline applied methodology that included Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business accreditation, recognized as the “gold standard” for business school accreditation; WVU’s status as a public institution; and quality assessment, including student engagement, faculty achievement and admission selectivity.
“As online programs continue to grow around the world, we have focused on offering an online executive MBA program that is high quality and is affordable,” Sartarelli said. “In today’s world, there is a growing emphasis on quality, affordability and return on investment, and we are happy to offer a program that meets those increasing demands.”
In July, Masters Degree Online named the College’s M.S. in Finance program as one of the top 43 such programs in the country in its “Best Masters in Finance Degree Programs for 2013-14” list. Masters Degree Online previously ranked the MBA program at the College in the nation’s top 38 Best Masters in Business Administration Degree Programs for 2013-14.
WVU’s business school has received a number of other rankings this year, including:
• Bloomberg Businessweek – No. 5 in Top Undergraduate Business Schools for Ethics
• Bloomberg Businessweek – No. 9 in Undergraduate Business Schools for ROI (return on investment)
• Sales Education Foundation – recognized as one of the top sales education programs in North America for the second consecutive year
• Top 100 Most Social Media Friendly MBA School Rankings for 2013 – No. 61 in the U.S.
• U.S. News & World Report – No. 5 in Best Online Programs for Veterans for its online MBA program
• U.S. News & World Report – No. 29 in the nation Best Online Graduate Business Programs
• Military Times – No. 12 “Best for Vets: Business Schools”
A look at the list where WVU is ranked may be viewed at http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/online-colleges/mba-programs/.
CONTACT: Patrick Gregg, College of Business and Economics
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.