By now, you’ve probably seen the official Nike Fan Shirt everywhere. Last year’s official fan shirt was the only shirt available for purchase with the Mountaineers’ inaugural Big 12 Conference logo. More than 15,000 fans voted for the design in 2011, the last year the University held a vote for the shirt, which featured the saying “True Gold and Blue.”
The Fan Shirt is the official shirt for WVU fans to wear throughout the 2013-14 school year. Now, Mountaineer fans have even more alternatives to choose from.
This year, fans not only get to vote for the front design, but they also get to choose the back, as well. There are nine different combinations that Mountaineer Nation can select from.
The front designs are as follows:
- “Mountain Strong” is inspired by the geography of the state. It represents the nature of the land and the people who live in the state.
- Fear the Fringe is a WVU spin on a popular sports phrase and has a sense of humor with the unique tradition of the Mountaineer Mascot buckskins.
- #HailWV incorporates the University’s fight song in hashtag form. Fans use #HailWV to express their enthusiasm and excitement for the Mountaineers.
The back designs are as follows:
- A “Flying WV” logo with the #HailWV hashtag
- A Mountaineer Mascot with a smaller “Flying WV” logo
- A “Flying WV” logo
Fans can vote by visiting http://fanshirt.wvu.edu/ or by texting wvutshirt to 41411 starting today. Votes will be taken until April 17. Fans can vote again each day. When you vote, you’ll be entered to win official WVU apparel. Five people will be chosen at random for the prizes.
Winning shirts will be available in June at your local WVU/Nike retailer.
CONTACT: Nikki Goodenow, Trademark Licensing
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter