The Invisible Children Roadies will visit West Virginia University on Wednesday (April 11) at 7 p.m. in 202 Brooks Hall.

The Roadies will discuss information regarding the longest running war in Africa, Joseph Kony and the Lord’s Resistance Army. The group plans to show a short response video to Kony2012, a video that went viral on YouTube earlier this year.

The event is hosted by the WVU chapter of Invisible Children. The chapter is led by Daniel Brewster, a professor in the Division of Sociology and Anthropology at WVU.

“I first got involved with the Invisible Children organization after reading a story in National Geographic. I immediately turned to several search engines and I was unable to find any pertinent information for the group,” Brewster said. “This war has waged for 26 years and yet the world has largely ignored these crimes against humanity. One of my personal teaching objectives is global awareness and this war is something that I think we should all recognize and attempt to resolve.”

The Invisible Children Roadies have visited campus each year since 2008, and Brewster said this is the most anticipated of the visits to WVU.

For more information, contact Brewster at Daniel.Brewster@mail.wvu.edu.

04/09/12

Check http://wvutoday.wvu.edu/ daily for the latest news from the University.