West Virginia University men’s basketball part of the 24-Hour College Hoops Marathon sponsored by ESPN, Tuesday, Nov. 15. Games begin at 12:01 a.m. that day and continue through midnight, with 19 games on the schedule in different time zones.
WVU’s nationally televised game with Kent State tips off at 10 a.m. at the WVU Coliseum.
Since it’s unusual to have a mid-morning game, officials want fans, students and employees to be aware of the following academic, workplace and parking procedures – for that morning only:
- Classes on the Morgantown campus are in session unless faculty otherwise notify students.
- Students and faculty with classes at the Coliseum that morning, along with employees who work there, should obtain a parking pass from their respective faculty member or supervisor for the Shell Building lot, and enter through the Coliseum Gold Gate.
- Others who normally park at the Coliseum in the mornings are encouraged to park at Mountaineer Station on Van Voorhis Road down from the Health Sciences Center and ride the PRT. Parking at Mountaineer Station is $1 per hour and access to the PRT is free to students and employees with WVU ID. Parking is also available at nearby short term lots on the Evansdale and Downtown campuses for the same $1 per hour, upper level of the Mountainlair garage at $1.25 per hour, or at Morgantown parking garages. The parking lots around the Coliseum should be back to operating normally sometime around 12:30 p.m.
- The Coliseum lot must be cleared by 11 p.m. Monday, Nov. 14; unauthorized vehicles will be towed to the Prete Building on University Avenue.
- Limited single-game parking passes will be available for $20 in the Coliseum lots that morning.
- For those traveling to the game via the PRT (50 cents for general public) and those attending classes in the Coliseum area, University buses will travel back and forth from the Engineering PRT Station to the Coliseum every 10 minutes.
- Parking in the Green Lot (Van Voorhis Road), and the shuttle service, will not be available to basketball fans for this game.
CONTACT: University Relations/News
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.