West Virginia University President Jim Clements has announced a committee to oversee a national search for the University’s next vice president for research. Curt M. Peterson, who currently holds the position, recently announced that he will retire effective with the naming of his replacement.
The search is being led by Dr. Fred King, associate dean for Research and Graduate Studies and Professor of Chemistry, Eberly College of Arts and Sciences, who also chaired a Discovery and Innovation Work Group during WVU’s strategic planning process. The search process will lead to interview opportunities for the campus community and the WVU Research Corporation Board.
Updates on the progress of the search will be provided.
In addition to King, members of the committee include:
• Jim Anderson, Professor, Wildlife Ecology and Management; Director, Environmental Research Center
• Robert Blobaum, Eberly Family Distinguished Professor of History and the U.S. Atlantis Project Director of the Transatlantic MA Program in East-Central European Studies
• Dana Brooks, Dean, College of Physical Activity and Sports Sciences
• Darran Cairns, Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
• Gene Cilento, Dean, College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
• Lesley Cottrell, Vice Chair of Pediatric Research
• Bojan Cukic, Robert C Byrd Professor of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering and Director, Center for Identification Technology Research (NSF CITeR)
• Julie Diamond, junior, biology; minor in mathematics
• Laura Gibson, Alexander B. Osborn Distinguished Professor, Professor of Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology; Deputy Director, Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center
• Adam Goodwill, graduate student, Cellular & Integrative Physiology Program, Department of Physiology & Pharmacology; Center for Cardiovascular & Respiratory Sciences
• Roger G. Hanshaw, Assistant Director for Resources, WVU Extension
• Melissa Latimer, Interim Director, WVU ADVANCE Center, Chair, Division of Sociology and Anthropology, Associate Professor of Sociology and Anthropology, Adjunct Professor of Women’s Studies
• Diandra L. Leslie-Pelecky, Director of the West Virginia Nano Initiative and Professor of Physics
• Rae Matsumato, Professor of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Programs in the School of Pharmacy
• Fred Minnear, Professor and Assistant Vice President for Graduate Education
• Jim O’Donnell, Interim Associate Vice President, Research and Graduate Education; Professor and Vice Chair, Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry
• Tracy Novak, Program Coordinator Senior, National Research Center for Coal and Energy
• Shelia S. Price, Associate Dean for Admissions, Recruitment and Access, WVU School of Dentistry
• Earl Scime, Eberly Distinguished Professor and Chair of Physics
• George Spirou, Director, Center for Neuroscience, WVU School of Medicine
• Janelle Stricker, Senior Research Specialist, Health Sciences
Check http://wvutoday.wvu.edu/ daily for the latest news from the University.
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.