Students and their families can start making graduation plans.
West Virginia University has announced its 2011 May Commencement schedule.
The University will host a series of individual, personalized ceremonies at a variety of venues on the Evansdale Campus and around Morgantown, including the WVU Coliseum, Creative Arts Center and Morgantown Events Center.
New this year, students will not be required to pay a graduation fee. Also, candidates for graduation should visit the new graduation event portal at http://graduation.wvu.edu for event updates, lodging information and other details. More information will be added as details are finalized.
Graduates should plan to arrive at least one hour prior to the start time of each ceremony for check-in and lineup. Celebratory receptions will immediately follow each ceremony. Each ceremony should last two hours, or less.
The 2011 May Commencement event ceremony schedule is:
Friday, May 13:
• Army ROTC Commissioning, 10 a.m., location to be announced
• Air Force ROTC Commissioning, 2 p.m., location to be announced
• Honors Convocation, 5:30 p.m., Creative Arts Center
Saturday, May 14:
• School of Medicine (M.D., Ph.D.), 8:30 a.m., Creative Arts Center
• School of Dentistry, 9:30 a.m., Morgantown Event Center
• College of Human Resources and Education, 9:30 a.m., Coliseum
• School of Nursing, 12:30 p.m., Morgantown Events Center
• College of Law, 1 p.m., Creative Arts Center
• College of Engineering and Mineral Resources, 2 p.m., Coliseum
• School of Pharmacy, 4 p.m., Morgantown Events Center
• College of Creative Arts, 5 p.m., Creative Arts Center
• College of Business and Economics, 6 p.m., Coliseum
Sunday, May 15:
• Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design, 9:30 a.m., Coliseum
• Eberly College of Arts and Sciences – Masters and PhD students (Hooding and Degree Conferral Ceremony), 10 a.m., Creative Arts Center
• School of Medicine (professionals), 10 a.m., Morgantown Events Center
• Eberly College of Arts and Sciences, 2 p.m., Coliseum
• Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism, 2:30 p.m., Morgantown Events Center
• College of Physical Activity and Sports Sciences, 2:30 p.m., Creative Arts Center
CONTACT: University Relations – News
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.