Media Advisory: WVU EcoCAR team to showcase alternative fuels vehicle at Lumberport Middle School Nov. 5
• WHAT: Members of WVU’s EcoCAR team (engineering and journalism students) will give a presentation on alternative fuels vehicles and energy conservation for seventh- and eighth-grade students at Lumberport Middle School and will show the students a vehicle that was converted from a conventional SUV to an eco-friendly, fuel-efficient one.
EcoCAR is a national collegiate competition sponsored by GM and the U.S. Department of Energy. WVU is one of 17 university teams competing nationally.
• WHEN: Thursday, Nov. 5, at 12:30 p.m. and 1:15 p.m.
• WHERE: Lumberport Middle School, Harrison County
• WHO: Engineering and journalism students from WVU – members of the EcoCAR Team, which is re-engineering a sport utility vehicle to make it more eco-friendly and fuel efficient.
• MEDIA OPPORTUNITY: There will be photo opportunities available when the EcoCAR team showcases a GM-donated vehicle to the students. Interview opportunities with team member Cate Mihelic, a Lumberport Middle School alumnus and WVU journalism student, and team member Alan Kuskil, a WVU engineering major.