Cooking, snowboarding, engineering, astronomy, service – whatever a student’s interests are, there is most likely a student organization at West Virginia University that fits.
Aimed at increasing membership and awareness of the over 300 student organizations across the WVU campus, the first Student Organization Awareness Week will be held Nov. 2-6.
The week is a cooperative project by WVU’s Student Government Association and Student Organizations Services.
“Here at Student Organization Services we believe in enhancing and furthering student engagement in extracurricular activities,” said Kim Harrison, assistant director of Student Organization Services. “Student organizations are the structure of continuing excellence at WVU.”
Monday, Nov. 2:
• Political, Environmental, Religious and Special Concerns Fair, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Mountainlair
• Effective Leadership in Student Orgs. Lecture, 7-8 p.m., Rhododendron Room, Mountainlair
Tuesday, Nov. 3:
• Honorary, Cultural and International Fair, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Mountainlair
• Public Relations and Advertising Presentation, 7-8 p.m., Mountainlair
Wednesday, Nov. 4:
• Greek, Engineering and Health Sciences fairs, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Mountainlair
• Creative Arts Fair, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Creative Arts Center
• Club Sports Fair, 4-7 p.m., Student Recreation Center
• How to Build a Web site Presentation, 7-8 p.m., Shenandoah Room, Mountainlair
Thursday, Nov. 5:
• Community Service Fair, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Mountainlair
• Grants and Finances Presentation, 7-8 p.m., Mountaineer Room, Mountainlair
Friday, Nov. 6:
• Topical, Professional and Military Fair, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Mountainlair
For more information, or to learn how to get involved in the week, contact Harrison at 304-293-3814.
CONTACT: Student Organizations Services