WVU Pumpkin Drop is Oct. 30
- WHAT: 22nd annual Pumpkin Drop
- WHEN: Friday, Oct. 30, at 11 a.m. rain or shine
- WHERE: Engineering Sciences Building, Evansdale Campus
- WHO: The WVU student chapter of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers is sponsoring the competition, which is open to WVU students and school students all over the state. More than 1,000 people of all ages are expected to attend, including students from as far away as Shepherdstown and Beckley.
- DETAILS: Participants have to design an apparatus to protect their pumpkins when dropped 11 floors from the top of the Engineering Sciences Building. A team of faculty, staff and students will monitor pumpkin containers for size, weight, safety and design, as well as judge how close surviving pumpkins land to the designated target. Prizes to be awarded: first place, $50; second, $25; and third, $10.
Various engineering groups will have displays, and there will be refreshments for sale. All proceeds benefit the Ronald McDonald House.
WVU News on the Web – http:// wvutoday.wvu.edu
Susan Case, College of Engineering and Mineral Resources