If you’re looking for a way to give back this holiday season, look no further than the 2009 Cards of Hope collection.
Cards of Hope are holiday greeting cards designed by WVU Children’s Hospital cancer patients and survivors and their siblings during an annual summer party.
The cards are the main funding source for the Cure Kids Cancer Fund, a project of WVU Children’s Hospital that ensures patients are provided state-of-the-art medical care, as well as psychological and social support for them and their families.
The 2009 Cards of Hope artists are:
• Kylie Clark, 17, Martins Ferry, Ohio
• Morgan Dewitt, 10, of Fairmont, W.Va.
• Becky Diller, 15, of Oakland, Md.
• Manar Ghannam, 15, of Morgantown, W.Va.
• Mohammad Ghannam, 6, of Morgantown, W.Va.
• Whitney Helms, 21, of Fairmont, W.Va.
• Ashley Koon, 16, of Westover, W.Va.
• Brogan Raddish, 14, of Fairmont, W.Va.
• Breanna Sturm, 3, of Philippi, W.Va.
• Cody Sullivan, 16, of Oakland, Md.
Cards are sold in packages of 20 with 21 envelopes. The holiday cards can be purchased in packages of one design or the collection package, which contains two of each card.
In addition to the holiday cards, an all-occasion package will also be available for purchase. Each package contains five cards of each design. The cards are blank inside. Artists for this collection include: Ahlam Ghannam, 13, and Manar Ghannam of Morgantown; Cherish Lavoie, 10, of Elkins, W.Va.; and Jarrett Sapic, 12, of Uniontown, Pa.
Both collections can be purchased online at www.cardsofhope.com or by phone at 304-598-4346 ext. 2.
For more information about WVU Children’s Hospital, see www.wvukids.com.
For More Information:
Angela Jones, HSC News Service, 304-293-7087