As spring tuition bills arrive, West Virginia University officials remind students and their families of payment options that can help to ease the strain on their wallets.

The TuitionPay Plan allows students to split their tuition and/or housing expenses into four separate payments.

Educational costs are much easier to manage when installments can be made instead of making a large lump-sum payment at the beginning of the term,said Brandon Twigg, manager of student accounts.

The TuitionPay Plan is interest-free and has no finance charges. The only cost is a $35 application fee due at the time of enrollment. To enroll, students can visit the TuitionPay Web site (www.tuitionpay.com/wvu) or call toll-free 1-800-635-0120.

The Office of Student Accounts also offers a 60/40 installment plan for families who would rather make two payments. With this plan, 60 percent of the total balance is paid prior to the first day of the term. The remaining 40 percent is deferred until the end of the sixth week of the term. There are no interest or finance charges with the 60/40 plan and no sign-up fees.

Students are automatically enrolled in the 60/40 plan if they pay 60 percent of their total balanceafter financial aid, waiver and scholarships have been appliedprior to the first day of classes.

For students requesting a paper bill through the STAR information system, the 60 percent is already calculated as theminimum amount due.An updated bill with the remaining amount due is sent at a later date.

For more information, visit the Office of Student Accounts Web site ( https://finance.wvu.edu/osa ) or call 304-293-4006.