Sixhuman resources leaders and alumni of West Virginia Universitys College of Business and Economics will be inducted into the Master of Science in Industrial Relations Hall of Fame Friday (Oct. 17).
- Marc A. Chini, executive vice president of human resources, NBC Universal
- William R. Hutchison , executive-in-residence in the WVU MSIR program and retired corporate director of compensation and benefits for Dow Chemical Corp (formerly Union Carbide Corp.)
- David D. Jones, senior vice president of human resources, Bon Secours Health System Inc.
- Tina M. Parton, manager of human resources, Global Field Services, Westinghouse Electric Co.
- John J. Quattrone, vice president of global human resources, General Motors Powertrain
- Randy Elkin , professor of management and industrial relations, WVU
The award was created as part of the College of Business and Economics50th anniversary celebration for its Master of Science in Industrial Relations program. The program began in 1958, seven years after the business college was established.
The awards will be presented at the 50th anniversary banquet and MSIR Hall of Fame induction ceremony at 8 p.m. Friday (Oct. 17) at the Waterfront Place Hotel in Morgantown.
Eligibility requirements include career achievements and contributions to the human resource management profession. Other criteria are contributions to the WVU MSIR program, including serving on the alumni executive board, providing student workshops, monetary contributions, hiring graduates, providing internships and assisting with student recruitment.
We feel it is important to recognize these outstanding graduates of our program for the contributions they have made and are making to the human resource management profession, for their ongoing support of the WVU MSIR program, and for their dedication to mentoring and developing current students and fellow alumni,said Jeff Houghton , associate professor and director of the MSIR program.
After this initial class ofsix inductees, we plan to induct one additional member into the MSIR Hall of Fame each year to continue to recognize the outstanding alumni of our program,he added.