* WHAT :* Dedication of Engineering Sciences Building addition
* WHEN :* Thursday, Oct. 16, 11 a.m.
* WHERE :* Atrium of the addition, which is situated on the southeast corner of the Engineering Sciences Building and adjacent to the Area 40 parking lot and Evansdale Drive
* PARKING :* Park near the Engineering Sciences Building; display media parking permit.
* DETAILS :* The $12 million, four-story addition to the Engineering Sciences Building accommodates the growth in teaching and research at the College of Engineering and Mineral Resources.
The 28,000-square-foot building houses the new Engineering Learning Center, which provides study spaces, group study rooms and networked computers and has tutors available daily. The facility also houses some of the colleges growing research programs, including offices and laboratories, and a new tiered classroom that seats 120