* WHAT :* Half-day forum focusing on the recommendations of Imagine West Virginias report,Coal: Energy, the Environment and West Virginia.
The event will also include exhibits from the Zero Emissions Research and Technology Consortium, Industries of the FutureWest Virginia, Center for Advanced Separations Technology, Consortium for Fossil Fuel Science, U.S. China Energy Center, Carbon Products Program and others.
- WHO :* Hosts: West Virginia Coal Forum co-chairs Chris Hamilton and Fred Tucker, National Research Center for Coal and Energy Director Richard Bajura
Speakers: Interim West Virginia University President C. Peter Magrath, West Virginia Division of Energy Director Jeff Herholdt, Imagine West Virginia board member Pat Getty, WVU Vice President for Research Curt Peterson, National Energy Technology Laboratory Strategic Center for Coal Director Scott Klara, West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection Secretary Randy Huffman
- WHEN :* Wednesday, Oct. 15, from 1:30-5 p.m.
- WHERE :* National Research Center for Coal and Energy, assembly rooms, WVU Evansdale Campus
- DETAILS :* Speakers will discuss their views and observations with regard to the 10 recommendations made in the Imagine West Virginia report. The research and development components will be of particular interestfor example: how WVU s new Advanced Energy Initiative is responsive to the recommendations.
Imagine West Virginia is a policy institute established in 2006 as an independent, nonpartisan entity dedicated to proposing policy recommendations that have the potential to transform the economy of the state and the lives of West Virginians.Coal: Energy, the Environment and West Virginiais the first report and is available online at http://www.imaginewestvirginia.com.
Additional event details are available at http://www.nrcce.wvu.edu/events/2008/forum/index.cfm .
- PARKING :* Free parking is available near Blaney House; enter from the Evansdale Drive Percival Hall driveway.