* WHAT :* A news conference to introduce West Virginia Universitys interim president is planned for today (Tuesday, July 8), following a special meeting of the WVU Board of Governors. Board members this morning confirmed long-time higher education administrator C. Peter Magrath as the interim leader, succeeding Mike Garrison, who announced June 6 plans to complete his service as WVU president Sept. 1. Magraths appointment is effective Aug. 1; he will begin his transition July 15.
* WHEN :* Noon, Tuesday, July 8 (cameras may begin setting up around 11:30 a.m.)
* WHERE :* Blue Ballroom, WVU Mountainlair, Downtown Campus
* PARKING :* Media parking is available in the Mountainlair parking garage, Area 9. Please display media parking pass. Call 304-293-6997 for a parking pass. Parking for television satellite trucks is available on Maiden Lane.
* BROADCAST MEDIA , PLEASENOTE :* Risers will be available for television cameras, and a mult box will be provided. Portions of the news conference will be uplinked today from 3:30-3:45 p.m. on the following: