Two West Virginia University employees have been named recipients of the Eberly College of Arts and Sciencesannual Outstanding Staff Award for their hard work and dedication.

Debra Swinney, student records assistant for WVU s Department of Psychology, won in the professional category. She has worked 34 years at the University, 25 of which have been with the Eberly College. Swinney is the assistant to the psychology departments director of graduate training and director of clinical training, overseeing the entire graduate admissions process for the departments four doctoral programs.

It was a big surprise to learn I would be presented with the award,Swinney said.Its nice to be recognized by the people Ive been working with all these years.

Debra Swinney is a pleasure to work with,said Michael Perone, professor and chair of the psychology department.She is modest, good-natured, diplomatic and fun to be around.

Siobhan Byrne, administrative associate in WVU s Department of Physics, won in the professional/technical category. Byrne has been with WVU for 29 years, most of which have been with the Eberly College. For the past 15 years, Byrne has been the United Way volunteer for the physics department.

It is always an honor to be recognized for your work efforts, and I appreciate those that I have worked with over the years who have assisted me in doing my job in many ways,Byrne said.At this time, the award is especially meaningful to me because I choose to receive it as a tribute to my parents and their example of hard work and commitment to doing a good job.

Swinney and Byrne will both be recognized at the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences Honors Recognition Ceremony from 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, in the Mountainlair ballrooms as part of WVU sWeekend of Honorscelebration.