* WHAT :* 20th annual West Virginia University Pumpkin Drop competition
Participants will toss pumpkinsin containers they design before the competitionfrom the top of the 11-story WVU Engineering Sciences Building toward a target on the ground. A team of WVU engineering faculty, staff and students will monitor pumpkin containers for size, weight, safety and design, and will judge surviving pumpkins on how close they land to the designated target.
* WHO :* Groups of elementary, middle and high school students; college students; hundreds of spectators; WVU College of Engineering and Mineral Resources and WVU Student Chapter of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (sponsors)
* WHEN :* 11 a.m., Friday (Oct. 26)
* WHERE :* Engineering Sciences Building, WVU Evansdale Campus.
* WHY :* The event challenges students to learn engineering concepts and skills. All proceeds benefit the Morgantown Ronald McDonald House, which provides services to families of hospitalized children.
* NOTE :* A press release with the results of the Pumpkin Drop will be distributed to news media Friday afternoon. For more information, contact Ted Webb, News and Information Services, at 304-293-5508 or