Media Advisory: Garrison to be installed Friday as WVU\'s 22nd president
* WHO :* West Virginia University President Mike Garrison, WVU officials, dignitaries, faculty, staff, students, alumni, parents and other guests
- WHAT :* Inauguration Ceremony
- WHEN :* 1 p.m., Friday, Oct. 19; media should arrive by 12:45 p.m. in Woodburn Circle (Classes on Morgantown campus are canceled beginning at noon.)
- WHERE :* Woodburn Circle, Downtown Campusrain or shine. NOTE : There will be an area for print and broadcast media on the Martin Hall side. Feel free to spread throughout the area to get photos and B-roll. Videographers should return to the media platform as the procession nears Woodburn Circle. Please keep a clear path for the procession and recession.
- PARKING :* Parking will be at a premium on the Downtown Campus during Fridays inaugural ceremony, so plan to arrive early. Park at the WVU Coliseum (off Exit 155 on I-79), and take the shuttle bus to and from Woodburn circle (shuttles begin at 10:30 a.m.; vehicles need to be removed by 4:30 p.m.), or park at a city lot. NOTE TO BROADCAST MEDIA : If you need space for a live truck, please contact Janey Cink, WVU News and Information Services, at 304-293-5520 or 304-276-2768.
- TRAFFIC INFORMATION :* Beginning at noon Friday, University Avenue from Campus Drive to Hough Street will be closed, and traffic will be rerouted as follows:
- Traffic southbound on University Avenue will be diverted west onto Campus Drive.
- Traffic traveling south on College Avenue will be diverted east onto Maiden Lane.
- Traffic traveling north on University Avenue will be rerouted west onto Hough Street.
- Traffic headed west on Prospect Street will be rerouted south on University Avenue.
- Traffic on Falling Run Road will be diverted north on University Avenue.
Normal traffic patterns will resume following the conclusion of the ceremony.
- WEBCAST :* A webcast of the ceremony will be available athttp://inauguration.wvu.edu/webcasts.
- BROADCAST COVERAGE :* TV crews are welcome to set up their own cameras and/or use the audio/video feed from WVU Television Productions. A mult box will be located next to Martin Hall. For technical questions, contact Kelly Heasley, 304-293-7171 or 304-276-0200 (cell).
- WIRELESS CONNECTION :* If you wish to use WVU s wireless connection for a laptop, contact Janey Cink, WVU News and Information Services, at 304-293-5520 or 304-276-2768 for a user name and password. Direct Internet connections will also be available in the media area by Martin Hall.
- ADDITIONAL PHOTO /VIDEO OPS :
- Faculty members will don their academic regalia and process into Woodburn Circle; lineup will begin at noon in the Mountainlair ballrooms.
- Members of the media are also welcome to conduct interviews with Garrison in Stewart Hall immediately following the ceremony.
- An open house celebration is planned from 2:30 p.m. (or immediately following the ceremony)-4:30 p.m. on the Mountainlair plaza.
* NOTE : Press kits will be available at Woodburn Circle prior to the ceremony.