Robert H. McNabb, a West Virginia University alumnus and corporate recruitment executive, has been appointed to the advisory board for the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences at WVU .

He is executive vice president of Korn/Ferry International, one of the worlds leading providers of human capital and executive personnel solutions. He is also chief executive officer of Futurestep, Korn/Ferrys outsourced recruitment subsidiary.

McNabb sets strategy and oversees operations of offices in more than 20 countries around the world. Futurestep focuses on multiposition project recruiting and fully outsourced managed services.

McNabb is a 1970 graduate of WVU with a bachelors degree in political science. He has also completed postgraduate studies at the Executive Management Program of the Wharton School of Economics at the University of Pennsylvania.

He currently serves on the Council of Overseers for the Jones School of Management at Rice University. A native of Charleston, he now lives in Houston.

While at WVU , McNabb was elected to Mountain, the Universitys most prestigious academic honorary society. He was a member of Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity and the Interfraternity Council and was the first undergraduate student to become a member of the WVU Athletic Council.

I am very pleased to be able to welcome Robert McNabb to the Eberly College Advisory Board,said Dr. Mary Ellen Mazey, dean of the Eberly College.His experience in corporate America will bring a helpful perspective to the college, and his experience in the global business community will benefit WVU s ongoing efforts to internationalize our curriculum.

West Virginia University means a great deal to me, and it positioned me very well for the career successes I have enjoyed,McNabb said.I am thrilled to serve on the advisory board for the Eberly College, from which I received my degree.

The advisory board provides advice and counsel to the dean of the Eberly College and brings the teaching and research activities of the college into closer contact with the life of the State of West Virginia and the nation. It represents points of view and needs of industry and the professions to WVU and helps to bridge the gap between academic procedure and professional practices.