More than 200 firefighters and other emergency response personnel from throughout West Virginia and surrounding states will receive hands-on, state-of-the-art fire training when they attend the 2007 West Virginia State Fire School July 16-22.

The 76th annual state fire school will be held at the West Virginia University Fire Service Extension State Fire Training Center in Morgantown. Staley Communication Inc. of Wheeling is a general sponsor for the 2007 training event.

The West Virginia State Fire School, organized by the WVU Fire Service Extension (WVU-FSE), offers 14 national certification courses and another 16 courses that meet West Virginia or National Fire Academy standards. The training sessions are taught by WVU -FSE adjunct instructors as well as instructors from Bucks County Community College in Doylestown, Pa., Virginia Department of Fire Programs, the WVU Division of Forestry, West Virginia State Police and the West Virginia State Fire Marshalls office.

WVU Fire Service Extension has a long history of training firefighters in the state,said Murrey Loflin, director of WVU -FSE.Many rural communities are served by small volunteer fire departments that are often under funded. We have been providing training to these firefighters since 1931.

WVU -FSE is a leader in providing critical, high-quality training to emergency responders and works with federal, state and local organizations to meet national standards. Fires Service Extension is coordinated by WVU Extension Service.

Staley Communication, Inc., founded in 1959 by Guy Staley, specializes in the sales and service of wireless communication products used throughout the emergency response industry.

Staley Communication is an authorized Motorola two-way radio dealer and service station. The company provides services in the following areas: two-way communications, dispatch consoles, mobile data, paging, E-911 telephones, towers, connectivity (T-1 and microwave), CCTV equipment, and rental equipment. Staley operates sales and services facilities located in Wheeling and Morgantown, W.Va., in Greensburg and Pittsburgh, Pa., and in Steubenville, Boardman, Zanesville and Marietta, Ohio.