* WHAT :* A news conference to announce the Universitys 22nd president is planned for Friday (April 13), following the April meeting of the WVU Board of Governors. The two finalists are Michael S. Garrison, managing member, Spilman, Thomas&Battle PLLC , and M. Duane Nellis, provost, Kansas State University. The new president will succeed David C. Hardesty Jr., who announced last year his plan to retire effective Sept. 20, 2007.
* WHEN :* Mid to late afternoon Friday, April 13 (NOTE: Please call 293-6997 after 12 noon for more definitive information.)
* WHERE :* Gold Ballroom, WVU Mountainlair, Downtown Campus. For directions, visit:http://www.wvu.edu/~mountainlair/directions.shtml
* NOTE :* Media parking will be available in the Mountainlair parking garage, Area 9. Please display media parking pass. Call 304-293-6997 for a parking pass. Parking for television satellite trucks will be available on Maiden Lane, just up from the Lair. A work area for media will be available in the Blackwater Room of the Mountainlair.
* BROADCAST MEDIA PLEASE NOTE :* Risers will be available for television cameras and a mult box will be provided. Portions of the news conference will be uplinked Friday, April 13, from 5-5:15 p.m. on the following: