Are you graduating in December, or are you an underclassman interested in an internship? Do you want to network with some of the top companies in landscape architecture, forestry, parks and recreation, agribusiness management and more?
If so, the West Virginia Universitys Davis College of Agriculture, Forestry and Consumer Sciences career fair is the place to be. The fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 25, in the Bennett Tower Gold and Blue Ballroom.
Twenty-four different companies are currently registered to provide students with information about their companies and job opportunities,said Sara Brown, resource management and sustainable development doctoral student and organizer of the fair.The fair will be a great networking experience for interested students, with the possibility of on-the-spot interviews.
Students are encouraged to bring their resumes and/or portfolios and know their expected date of graduation.
Most importantly, also remember to dress professionally,Brown added.
The following companies are currently registered to speak with potential employees:
1. USDA Agriculture Marketing Service
2. Allen Family Foods
3. Bartlett Tree Experts
4. USDA National Agriculture Statistic Service
5. Case Farms of Ohio
6. Farm Credit of the Virginias
7. ConAgra Foods
8. Canaan Valley Institute
9. PA Dept. of Conservation
10. The Care of Trees
11. The Davy Tree Expert Co.
12. Toll Brothers, Inc.
13. Natural Resource Conservation Service
14. WVU Extension Service
15. Perdue Farms, Inc.
16. National Outdoor Leadership School
17. Cargill Meat Solutions
18. Merck Research Laboratories
19. Emma Kaufman Camp
20. Rex Lumber Co.
21. WV Division of Forestry
22. The Brickman Group
23. Bowman Consulting
24. Slater Associates, Inc.
25. TruGreen LandCare
27. Design Workshop
28. Joseph R. Buckley
29. Civil&Environmental Consultants, Inc.
30. McHale&McHale Landscaping
31. Vollmer Associates
32. Hidden Lane Landscaping&Design, Inc.
33. National Geospatial Development Center
34. Southern States Cooperative
35. Farm Service Agency
36. The Dewberry&Davis Landscape Architecture Group