* WHO :* West Virginia University students, faculty and staff (preferably men), Mountaineer Brady Campbell and Miss Morgantown Dea Simpson
* WHAT :* Beard shaving for the Mountaineer Week beard-growing competition
* WHEN :* Thursday, Oct. 19, noon
* WHERE :* Mountainlair commons
* DETAILS :* The beard-growing competition began in 1949 and has become one of the more popular events of Mountaineer Week, WVU s celebration of all things Appalachian. Participants, usually men, shave on the same day, then dont take a razor to their chins again until judges compare their facial fur during Mountaineer Week (Nov. 3-12). This years competition has been expanded to include a category for WVU faculty and staff. Mountaineer Brady Campbell and Miss Morgantown Dea Simpson will serve as masters of ceremonies for Thursdays shaving. Judging will be Nov. 9 on the Mountainlair grand staircase.