* WHO :* Approximately 3,300 graduates
* WHAT :* West Virginia University’s 137 th Commencement
* WHEN :* Sunday, May 14, at 1:30 p.m. Doors open at noon.
* WHERE :* WVU Coliseum (free parking is available)
* HIGHLIGHTS :*
Jerry West �€Memphis Grizzlies’president of basketball operations who led the Mountaineers to the national title game in 1959 and went on to play for the Los Angeles Lakers �€is the 2006 Commencement speaker and an honorary degree recipient.
Outgoing student body president D.J. Casto, a graduate student in industrial relations, will deliver the student address.
Annie Hancock, Class of 2006 music major in WVU ’s College of Creative Arts , will perform �€?Time to Say Goodbye.�€?
The University Choir, under the direction of Kathleen Shannon, will perform �€?My Home Among the Hills,�€? the WVU alma mater and other selections.
WVU President David C. Hardesty Jr. will present the Order of Vandalia and honorary degrees.
University Marshal Mary Strife will lead the processional.
* NOTE :* Limited seating for print media will be available in press row, just off the main concourse as you enter the blue gate. Videographers and photographers are welcome to roam the main floor with proper identification/media credentials.
A mult box will be set up for broadcast media at the far back corner of the Coliseum floor.
See Becky Lofstead and Janey Cink, News&Information Services, at press row for copies of press kits, including remarks by West and Hardesty.