* WHO :* West Virginia University students (preferably men), Mountaineer Derek Fincham and Miss West Virginia Kimberly Goodwin
* WHAT :* Beard shaving for the Mountaineer Week beard-growing contest
* WHEN :* Wednesday, Oct. 12, noon
* WHERE :* Mountainlair Commons
* DETAILS :* The beard-growing competition began in 1949 and has become one of the more popular events of Mountaineer Week, WVU s celebration of all things Appalachian. Participants, usually men, shave on the same day, then dont take a razor to their chins again until judges compare their facial fur during Mountaineer Week (Oct. 30-Nov. 6). Mountaineer Derek Fincham and Miss West Virginia Kimberly Goodwin, a WVU communication studies major, will serve as masters of ceremonies for
Wednesdays shaving. Judging will be Nov. 2 on the Mountainlair grand staircase.