* WHO :* Louis Kincannon, director, U.S. Census Bureau; Bill Loope, executive director, West Virginia Workforce Investment Board (Area 1); George Hammond, director, West Virginia Economic Outlook Project, West Virginia University Bureau of Business Economic Research; and Josh Jefferson, project coordinator, Marshall and Wetzel counties
* WHAT :* A community and media briefing on the innovative use of census data to drive economic development at the state and local levels
* WHEN :* Thursday, July 14, 10 a.m.
* WHERE :* WVU Mountainlair, Rhododendron Room, second floor
* DETAILS :* Speakers will explain how West Virginia used census statistics to address a statewide shortage of nurses and to highlight how Marshall County officialsfollowing a labor market studyare using statistics to spur economic development.