Seven home gamesincluding the Aug. 30 home opener with nationally ranked Wisconsin and an Oct. 22 evening match-up with Virginia Techhighlight the approaching football season at West Virginia University.
Students are already clamoring for information on ticket distribution and tailgating areas, so heres the scoop:
p. Student Ticketing
- Tickets will be distributed Monday through Friday of game week from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. at the Mountainlair box office (except on official University holidays when the box offices are closed). NOTE : The Creative Box Office is currently not in use; it is not certain when it will be available.
- Tickets will also be available on game-day Saturdays at the Mountainlair and Creative Arts Center (when open) box offices three hours before kick-off. However, no student tickets will be available on game day at the stadium.
- Tickets are issued at no charge on a game-by-game and week-by-week basis to WVU students with valid ID cards.
- Mountaineer Cards will be swiped on a card reader and a reserved seat ticket issued; lost or destroyed tickets will not be replaced.
- A WVU student may bring a maximum of 10 valid Mountaineer Cards, including his/her own.
- Members of the Mountaineer Maniacs club may receive season tickets in a designated area of Section 206 (expandable to Sections 205 and 207).
- A limited number of guest tickets will be available for $30 each. Limit 2 per valid ID; maximum of 4 per transaction.
- Gates open 90 minutes before kickoff.
- Both reserved tickets and valid Mountaineer Cards are required for admittance.
- Students should enter the specified student gate(s) on the east side of Mountaineer Field.
- The Pit tailgating area opens three hours before kick-off and closes at kick-off.
- Free hotdogs and soft drinks are available until kick-off.
- Only charcoal grills are permitted; no other types of fires allowed.
- Parking permits (limit 50) are available to students with valid Mountaineer ID card on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Student Organization Services office in the Mountainlair for $7 beginning at 9 a.m. the Monday before each home game. No parking permits will be sold after 4:45 p.m. Friday.
- Vehicles should enter the lot before kick-off; vehicles that leave may not re-enter.
- Permit holders of legal age, with valid driver’s license and valid ID card, may bring one keg of beer (or 6 cases) into the lot per vehicle; cans of beer (no bottles) are permitted.
- One six-pack of beer per person of legal age (walk-ins) is allowed; plastic cups and recycling bins will be provided; alcoholic beverages and wines are not permitted.
- Beer sales from kegs, etc. are prohibited; distribution of beer in plastic cups to underage students is not permitted; those in violation will have New Pit and game privileges revoked and be subject to disciplinary action.
- Instruments (beer bongs, keg stands) and activities that encourage excessive consumption of beer are not permitted.
- Throwing of frisbees, footballs, etc. is not permitted for safety reasons.
- No pets permitted.
- Limited accessible parking available.
- Walk-ins welcome.
Mountaineer Parent Parking
- The Mountaineer Parents Club will be offered parking on football game days in one sectioned-off side of the New Pit.
- 40 parking spots will be available.
- The lot is for parking only. Alcohol and tailgating are not permitted.
- Parking lot opens three hours before game time.
- Security guards will be on hand to monitor the lot.
- Permits will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Parents can call 293-4397 between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for information about the parking permits.
- Season permits are $49; individual game permits are $7.
- Payment should be by check; cash and credit cards will not be accepted.
- All permits must be paid for in advance.
- Proceeds benefit student organizations.