Gov. Bob Wise, West Virginia University President David C. Hardesty Jr. and WVU Foundation President F. Duke Perry will announce the winners of WVU ’s top scholarship at a 1 p.m. ceremony Tuesday, May 13, in the Governor’s Reception Room at the State Capitol.
At the ceremony, five of the state’s top high school seniors will become Foundation Scholars, an award reserved exclusively for West Virginians. The Scholars Program awardvalued at more than $48,000pays for four years of educational and living expenses, plus additional funds for study abroad, internships or other educational experiences. It is supported by the WVU Foundation, Inc.
The scholarship winners will be chosen from the following 15 finalists who were recently offered Neil S. Bucklew Scholarships to attend WVU :
- Ingrid Bohme, Williamson High School, Williamson, Mingo County
- Roopan Fischer, Nitro High School, Cross Lanes, Kanawha County
- Daniel Funk, Hedgesville High School, Hedgesville, Berkeley County
- Patrick Huffman, Liberty High School, Salem, Harrrison County
- Eric Lawrence, Keyser High School, Keyser, Mineral County
- Cristy Loving, Greenbrier East High School, Lewisburg, Greenbrier County
- Lance Meeker, John Marshall High School, Glen Dale, Marshall County
- Robert Moore, North Marion High School, Barrackville, Marion County
- Valerie Perrine, Webster County High School, Cowen, Webster County
- Matt Schessler, George Washington High School, Charleston, Kanawha County
- Britni Schoonover, Herbert Hoover High School, Procious, Clay County
- Alfred Shoukry, Morgantown High School, Morgantown, Monongalia County
- Rose Simis, Fairmont Senior High School, Fairmont, Marion County
- Ross Williams, Hampshire High School, Romney, Hampshire County
- Luanne Yang, George Washington High School, Charleston, Kanawha County
* NOTE TO ALL MEDIA :* We invite your attendance/coverage of May 13 activities.
* NOTE TO TV STATIONS :* WVU Television Productions will provide taped copies of press conference highlights to stations that cannot attend. Call Ray Miller, 304-293-7171, with questions or to request a copy of highlights from the ceremony.