* WHEN :* 10 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20
* WHERE :* Lobby of the Downtown Campus Library
* PHOTO /VIDEO OPPORTUNITIES :* Renovated Wise Library is a departure from the modern appearance of the Downtown Campus Library.
The lobby and two adjacent reading rooms were restored to their 1930 appearance. Workers preserved the set of majestic green marble steps that flank the lobby and lead to the two reading rooms. Above, multiple colors of paint bring out the intricate details in molding on the ceiling. The chandelier adds to the majestic atmosphere.
The James and Ann Milano Reading Room and the James Robinson Reading Rooms are lined with dark wooden bookshelves and contain antique reader tables and chairs, without a desktop computer in view. Patrons wanting to use the Internet and other electronic library resources will be able to connect via a laptop computer through network and power drops in the bases of table lamps.
* DRESS :* Casual; no shoes with high heels.
* PARKING :* Area 9 on the lower level of the Mountainlair garage. Media guests should display green”press visitor”passes on their vehicle dashboards; they can obtain a pass in the News&Information Services office, 200 Clark Hall, if they do not have one.