Media Advisory: Hardesty, WVU officials to tour Eastern Panhandle next week
President David C. Hardesty Jr. and other WVU leaders begin a three-day meet-and-greet tour of West Virginias Eastern Panhandle on Tuesday, May 22, in an effort to see first-hand the higher education and economic development opportunities and challenges in this growing part of the state.
WVU officials will meet with local business leaders, public officials, educators, community volunteers, media, students and alumni in a variety of settings in Berkeley, Jefferson and Morgan Counties.
Joining President Hardesty will be Provost Gerald Lang, Associate Provost of WVU Extension Larry Cote and Director of Economic Development Scott Rotruck.
The WVU tour is part of an ongoing series of visits to various parts of the state to explore ways that WVU can partner with business and education to unify and enhance the educational and economic vitality of West Virginia, Hardesty said, and fulfill WVUs statewide mission.
All media are cordially invited to attend the following events at which President Hardesty will offer remarks and answer questions from the audience:
- Tuesday, May 23, 7:30 a.m., Rotary Location: Bavarian Inn, Shepherdstown
- Tuesday, May 23, noon, Federal Employees Association Awards Luncheon Location: National Conservation Training CenterU.S. Fish and Wildlife Service,
Rt. 1, Box 166, Shepherdstown
- Tuesday, May 23, 7 p.m., Musselman High School Senior Awards Assembly Location: Musselman High School, Inwood
- Wednesday, May 24, 7:15 a.m., Martinsburg-Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce Breakfast MeetingLocation: Holiday Inn, 301 Foxcroft Avenue, Martinsburg
- Wednesday, May 24, 11:15 a.m., Community Educational Outreach Service (COES) Spring MeetingLocation: 4-H Camp Frame, Hedgesville
- Wednesday, May 24, Gold&Blue WVU Alumni Banquet Location: Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, Shepherdstown
- Thursday, May 25, 8:00 a.m., Breakfast Meeting with Berkeley County Superintendent of Schools, School Business Partners, Principals and Guidance Counselors Location: Martinsburg High School Media Center
- Thursday, May 25, 10:30 a.m., Morgan County Community Leaders Location: Ice House, Berkeley Springs
For more detailed information on any of the above events, contact Ann Berry, WVU Extension Communications, 304-293-4221, ext. 3416.